Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
Behaviour Interactive is currently looking for a Technical Director to work on one of our AAA game productions. In this role, your main responsibility will be to successfully deliver the new game by managing the technical risks and opportunities and making key design, architecture, and implementation decisions with the production team.
In this role you will :
- Steer and guide the technological ship for the project, and the teams involved;
- Make high-level design and architecture choices;
- Dictate technical standards, and guide the development team;
- Define the technological strategy with the development team;
- Assess the technical risks and mitigation plans;
- Select the appropriate technologies given the project's constraints;
- Harness others' technical expertise to get the best possible solutions;
- Mentor key technical staff;
- Interview candidates for technical positions;
- Work closely with other producers, directors, leads, and developers to support project and company strategies;
What we're looking for :
- Previous experience as a Technical Director of at least one full AAA game cycle, from conception to delivery;
- At least 8 years of game development experience on PC and/or game consoles must have shipped at least 4 titles (or completed at least 4 development cycles);
- Experience with one of PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 a requirement - some experience with all three a plus;
- Strong programming skills in C++ requirement;
- Strong debugging skills required; notions of assembler and GPU debugging a plus;
- Powerful performance analysis skills required, experience with at least one standalone profiler a must; familiarity with VTune, WPA/ETW, PIX, Razor and/or use of hardware performance counters a plus;
- Specialized knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Ability to self-organize and work very autonomously;
- Ability to cooperate and consult with other directors, leads, and staff;
- Ability to communicate well. Must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to define and break down complex technical mandates and architectures.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions