As a Programming Team Lead, you will to help us create the best possible version of the games we work on. In this role, you would join and guide a programming team whose members share a common interest for programming, gaming and improving the game experience of our players.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features and fixing bugs in a live environment and on multiple SKUs;
- Build the schedule for the programming team;
- Assign tasks to programmers;
- Help estimating time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members;
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team;
- Actively work with leads and people from other departments producers, directors, designers, and artists;
- Provide help and support with programming when needed;
- Perform other related duties when required.
What we are looking for:
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code;
- You have a previous experience leading and managing a team of programmers;
- You have shipped at least one game with a full-life cycle delivery as a Lead Programmer;
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++/C#;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions