Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
We are looking for a Lead Programmer for a Systems Team of 6-7 programmers working on an unannounced AAA Game as a Service (GaaS). The Lead Systems Programmer and Systems Team are part of a larger production that includes other programming teams as well as game design, art, animation, and other disciplines. The Systems Team works on a wide variety of features that are diverse in nature but having in common that they form the underlying systems upon which the game is based: Game flow, performance, load times, tools, build pipelines, multiple platforms (including consoles) are but a few examples. Some of these features also require coding not only in the game code but also on the backend.
To help us achieve our vision of making a great GaaS, we are looking for someone to lead the Systems Team and be accountable for the delivery of systems features.
ABOUT THIS GAME
Meet Your Maker is a post-apocalyptic first-person building-and-raiding game where players design every level. Switch between roles as you mastermind devious Outposts filled with traps and guards, then gear up for methodical fast-paced combat raiding other players’ creations.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Meet Your Maker team is one that has been built with one concept in mind: Building an effective positive and inclusive team environment where everyone’s perspectives are valued, and where ensuring the wellness and engagement of the team members is at the heart of its management philosophies. The approachability and accessibility to the project leadership is at its core and a continuous focus on providing transparency and promoting ownership and growth are but of a few parts of its foundation. Meet Your Maker builds its team for high efficiency while remaining lean and giving ownership to its members. They use smart-content philosophies and aim to maximize the team’s time and abilities to produce a quality product and maintain the team’s engagement.
In this role you will :
- Ensure that the team delivers the required features on time and with top quality. Schedule tasks and assign them to team members, organize their work and follow-up on their progress.
- Do system feature scoping and estimations with the help of programmers and other colleagues (lead programmers, technical leads etc.).
- Follow up regularly with your team members (e.g., through 1-on-1 meetings where you will exchange feedback).
- Get involved in supporting your team members’ career progression.
- Communicate regularly with producers, product managers, game designers, and other stakeholders by keeping them aware of the status, progress, scope, and risks related to the objectives set for the Systems Team.
- Perform technical tasks. Support and challenge the technical director, the technical leads, as well as your team members in design and implementation decision making.
- Do a certain amount of coding and debugging outside of the critical path.
What we're looking for :
- Prior people management experience having led at least one programming team.
- Experience as a lead programmer is a big plus.
- Prior experience in Unreal Engine is a big plus.
- Experience in C++, C#, Node.js, Docker, and AWS is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Someone who is solution-oriented and focused on collaboration.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions