Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
We are looking for a lead programmer for a tools team of 8-9 programmers working on Dead by Daylight. The lead tools programmer and tools team are part of a larger production that includes other programming teams, game design, art, animation, and other disciplines. The tools team works on a variety of features and tools for our pipelines, in a live, game as a service environment, and with multiple SKUs. The teamaims to improve our tools and pipelines including continuous integration, build farms, game server configuration, package mastering and distribution, automated testing are but a few examples.
To help us achieve our long-termvision with DbD, we are looking for someone to lead the tools team and be accountable for the development of tools and features for our pipelines.
In this role you will :
- Ensure that the team delivers the required tools and features for our pipeline on time, and with top quality, keeping in mind that DbD is a live game. You will schedule tasks and assign them, as well as organize how they get done and follow-up on their progress.
- Do feature scoping and estimations, with the help of programmers and other colleagues (other lead programmers, technical leads, …).
- Do a lot of follow up with your team members. You will have regular 1-1’s where you will exchange feedback. You will also be involved in supporting their career progression.
- Define the requirements for the tools and features the team works on.
- Communicate frequently with producers, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders by keeping them aware of the status, progress, scope, and risks related to the objectives set for the tools team.
- Perform technical tasks. You will support and challenge the technical director, the technical leads, as well as your team members in design and implementation decision making. You will assist your team with coding and debugging.
What we're looking for :
- Prior people management experience having led at least one programming team.
- Prior experience as a tools programmer.
- Experience in Python is a big plus.
- Prior experience in AWS and cloud technology is a big plus.
- Experience working on consoles is a plus.
- Great communication skills.
- Solution-oriented and a collaborative spirit.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions