Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
In this position, you will be leading a team of 6-7 graphics programmers working on Dead by Daylight. The DbD graphics team is part of a large game as a service production that includes other programming teams, game design, art, animation, and other disciplines. The graphics team works on a wide variety of features that aim to make the game look amazing and perform smoothly on a wide variety of platforms. This involves a wide range of tasks like implementing new rendering techniques, profiling and optimization, working closely with technical artists, and supporting the development of new and exciting game content.
To help us achieve our long-term vision with DbD, we are looking for someone to lead the graphics team and be accountable for the delivery of rendering features and performance.
In this role you will :
- Ensure that the team delivers the required features on time, and with top quality. You will schedule tasks and assign them, as well as organize how they get done and follow-up on their progress.
- Do feature scoping and estimations, with the help of programmers and other colleagues (other lead programmers, technical leads, …).
- Do a lot of follow up with your team members. You will have regular 1-1’s where you will exchange feedback. You will also be involved in supporting their career progression.
- Do a lot of communicating with producers, product managers, game designers and other stakeholders by keeping them aware of the status, progress, scope and risks related to the objectives set for the systems team.
- Perform technical tasks. You will support and challenge the technical director, the technical leads, as well as your team members in design and implementation decision making. You may do a certain amount of coding and debugging outside of the critical path.
What we're looking for :
- Prior people management experience having led at least one programming team.
- Experience as a graphics programmer.
- Prior experience in Unreal Engine is a big plus.
- Experience in C++ is a big plus.
- Experience working on last or current gen console is a plus.
- You need to possess great communication skills.
- You need to be solution-oriented and possess a collaborative spirit.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions