The Producer’s role is to lead a multi-disciplinary group of awesomely talented developers. The Producer has complete ownership of delivering a quality product, for our corporate clients, while making certain it executes upon the vision.
In this role you will:
- Put quality and agility at the forefront of your leadership decisions;
- Promote the vision of the game and prioritize highest value features and set quality targets;
- Anticipate bottlenecks and make trade-offs;
- Represent the game in both internal and external communications;
- Be responsible for key deliverables and deadlines, by prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to optimize team performance;
- Be accountable for the overall quality and success of the game;
- Direct all aspects of game development;
- Give clear direction on projects, empathetic to project constraints and challenges while respecting the Creative and Production vision and priority;
- Oversee the quality of the development process to ensure that key project milestones are established, met and ideally surpassed while adapting to changes;
- Management of resources according to the given budget to ensure the optimal growth of the project (constitution of the core team and expansion of the team during development);
- Maintain a creative and collaborative environment, motivate team members, nurture team health and foster a culture of success;
- Ensure a healthy, trustful and smooth communication with clients (make sure to understand their needs and constraints and find solutions to achieve the given mandate);
- Forecast and manage budget reports on a regular basis;
- Coach the junior producers/leads/PM and assist in the resolution of complex problems;
- and growing their knowledge;
- Be an active decision maker in the hiring process;
- Act as Ambassador of Behaviour Values inside and outside the company.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven success in managing either mobile or PC/console titles;
- Deep knowledge of the game market and platforms;
- Solid track record of projects, at least 3 published games, successfully delivered (on-time/on-budget);
- 3-5 years of experience in a producer (or similar) role;
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple cross discipline teams;
- 3+ years of experience working on Scrum and Agile development environment;
- Conflict resolution;
- Acute detail orientation;
- Risks analysis and mitigation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Multicultural awareness;
- Ownership and accountability;
- Availability for international travel;
- Strong team leadership skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Fluent in English and French.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions