Behaviour is looking for an Online System Programmer, who will bring their expertise and rigor to our team, in order to develop our next IP !
In this role you will :
- Implement a complete solution to interface between the game and the backend such as Inventory, achievements, and scoreboards;
- Support connectivity with many backend services (authentication, profile, transactions, etc.);
- Implement server and session management logic pertaining to matchmaking;
- Adapt the game flow to support various network topologies and platforms;
- Ensure robustness of the solution to be live and online all the time;
- Design and implement support for the necessary analytics;
- Implement various tools to support and debug the networking platforms.
What we're looking for :
- Expertise in C++ and/or C#;
- Expertise in working with restful services with high throughput;
- Expertise in AWS or similar cloud technology, a definite plus;
- Ability to produce efficient and scalable software designs;
- Expertise in game engines a plus;
- Knowledge in data pipelines;
- Expertise in shipping games;
- Ownership/leadership qualities;
- Good communication skills;
- Passion for games.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions