Midwinter Entertainment is a Behaviour Interactive studio. Founded as an independent game developer in 2016, Midwinter proudly joined Behaviour Interactive in 2022, and we are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace.
Now part of Behaviour, we are expanding our work locations, offering positions in select locations across the U.S., Quebec, and Ontario in Canada. We offer several modes of work (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office) to all our employees, with offices located in Kirkland, WA, Montreal, and Toronto.
As a UI Artist, you will be responsible for the graphical creation and production of our games’ menus and interfaces. Well-organized and structured, they must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This person will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, Creative Director, game designers, programmers, and other people in the UI/UX team.
In this role you will :
- Conceive visual content associated with the game’s user interfaces;
- Iterate on designs according to stakeholder reviews, changing requirements, feedback and user playtests
- Participate in meetings to share ideas, knowledge, hear feedback, constructively critique, and brainstorm solutions with others
- Export assets, leverage the engine and collaborate with programmers to bring assets to life in-game
- Complete research to gather data before taking on a new task to ensure efficient management of solutions and deadlines
What we're looking for :
- 2 to 5 years experience as a UI Artist (or equivalent) creating interfaces and menus for video games;
- Varied portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design, layout, motion design, iconography, and typography for games
- Good sense of designing user interfaces that is mindful of player comfort, empathy, UX thinking and accessibility recommendations;
- Creative, collaborative, autonomous, and flexible problem solver with an inclusive attitude
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Bonus: Knowledge of Figma or willingness to adapt workflow from Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator to Figma
We know that salary is a big deal when you're looking for a new job, and we want to be upfront with you about what to expect. Keep in mind that this range is an estimate and other things like your experience, qualifications, and performance can also affect the final offer. Also please note that this range is based on Washington, and the cost of living in the area you are living in can also have an impact on the salary offered to you. If you have any questions about the base salary or the total compensation package, we will be happy to discuss it further with you in the interview process. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
Washington base salary range:
$80,000 - $110,000 USD
Base salary is only part of our total compensation, we also offer the following benefits to our permanent employees in the U.S.:
- Insurance for you and your dependents as of your first day.
- 5-6 weeks of vacation based on your experience in the industry, 11 federal holidays, and 10 sick days.
- Flexible hours and no crunch time.
- Parental leave, 18 weeks as a primary caregiver and 6 weeks as a secondary caregiver.
- Access to our BeHappy program gives you a flexible $1000 to fit your needs.
- 401(k) match of up to 5%
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions