Midwinter Entertainment is a Behaviour Interactive studio. Founded as an independent game developer in 2016, Midwinter proudly joined Behaviour Interactive in 2022, and we are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace.
Now part of Behaviour, we are expanding our work locations, offering positions in select locations across the U.S., Quebec, and Ontario in Canada. We offer several modes of work (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office) to all our employees, with offices located in Kirkland, WA, Montreal, and Toronto.
Midwinter is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join our talented team. We are a small team where the impact of your work will be felt in the games that we make.
Can you create beautiful and performance visual effects for games? Do you have a technical mind and artistic views? Are you experienced in real-time graphics, lighting and shaders? Have you worked in Unreal Engine before?
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will create visual effects for the characters, dynamic atmosphere and ominous elements in the procedurally generated world. You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, comes up with solutions with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles and workflow.
In this role you will :
- Produce a variety of benchmark-quality visual effects using UE4/5.
- Implement UX features in Unreal Engine
- Plan outsourcing assignments, review and approve incoming work from Outsource Partners for consistency and quality.
- Work closely with other teammates to create and continually improve VFX best practices across the game and studio.
- Optimize VFX content for game clarity, ease-of-production and performance.
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience, specifically in Blueprint, Material Authoring and Dynamic Lighting.
- Visual effects skills and attention to detail as demonstrated in a portfolio reel.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content, lighting and materials.
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
We know that salary is a big deal when you're looking for a new job, and we want to be upfront with you about what to expect. Keep in mind that this range is an estimate and other things like your experience, qualifications, and performance can also affect the final offer. Also please note that this range is based on Washington, and the cost of living in the area you are living in can also have an impact on the salary offered to you. If you have any questions about the base salary or the total compensation package, we will be happy to discuss it further with you in the interview process. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
Washington base salary range:
$95,000 - $130,000 USD
Base salary is only part of our total compensation, we also offer the following benefits to our permanent employees in the U.S.:
- Insurance for you and your dependents as of your first day.
- 5-6 weeks of vacation based on your experience in the industry, 11 federal holidays, and 10 sick days.
- Flexible hours and no crunch time.
- Parental leave, 18 weeks as a primary caregiver and 6 weeks as a secondary caregiver.
- Access to our BeHappy program gives you a flexible $1000 to fit your needs.
- 401(k) match of up to 5%
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions