Midwinter Entertainment was founded as an independent game developer in 2016. In 2022 we proudly became a Behaviour Interactive company and are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior Lighting Artist to join our talented team, based in Kirkland. As part of a small team, your work will directly contribute to the success of our yet-to-be-announced project.
As an experienced Lighting Artist, you will have a significant impact on the visual quality of our game and gameplay experience.
In this role you will :
- Communicate your vision with the art director using examples and set a visual target.
- Work on a technical spec sheet illustrating examples/comparisons of different lighting conditions that we might encounter in our game.
- Work with a graphics engineer to help set technical standards and production processes to guide the team and ensure that their work achieves the visual target while also meeting performance standards.
- Make suggestions for how the new solution can be achieved, explore the artists workflow, and educate and guide artists.
What we're looking for :
- Expert in architecture of complex procedural lighting system creation.
- Knowledge of the lighting system in Unreal Engine.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Creative, collaborative, autonomous, and flexible problem solver with an inclusive attitude.
- Understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content, lighting and materials.
- Experience with building workflows and tools through a full project production cycle (pre-production to shipping).
While we believe all the listed qualifications are important to the role, we’re keen to hear from anyone who believes they have valuable experience to bring. If you’re passionate and align with our team and mission, but don’t meet all the qualifications, please still apply!
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions