Midwinter Entertainment is a Behaviour Interactive studio. Founded as an independent game developer in 2016, Midwinter proudly joined Behaviour Interactive in 2022, and we are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace. Now part of Behaviour, we are expanding our work locations, offering positions in select locations across the U.S. and Canada. We offer several modes of work (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office) to all our employees, with offices located in Kirkland in the U.S, Montreal, and Toronto in Canada.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior Concept Artist to join our talented team. We are a small team where the impact of your work will be felt in the games that we make.
As an experienced Concept Artist, you will work in collaboration with the Art Director, 3D artists, designers, and the rest of the development team. You will create visual images of ideas that will inspire the art production.
In this role you will :
- Support the execution of the game’s artistic vision by playtesting, taking screenshots, and doing paintover;
- Create concepts by drawing quick sketches, doing research, exploring potential visual solutions, and adding details/rendering for content creation;
- Provide reference images and illustrate concept art for asset creation;
- Create inspired digital paintings for the marketing and production teams;
- Participate in meetings and use visual samples to help communicate the game’s vision.
What we're looking for :
- Expert communication skills, and the ability to understanding the artistic vision of the game and to convey it to the rest of the team;
- Experience working in the gaming industry;
- Positive and proactive attitude, and willingness to contribute to the team/project;
- Excellent conceptual art skills with a good understanding of perspective, colour, lighting and atmosphere, and attention to detail;
- Ability to quickly express the vision in terms of liner art and color images;
- Ability to work in a variety of styles and to take direction well;
- A creative, collaborative, autonomous, and flexible problem solver with an inclusive attitude;
- Proactiveness and ability to show initiative to find solutions on their own.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions