As a Localization Specialist, you will work alongside the Localization Director with a multidisciplinary team of developers, including but not limited to Designers, Writers, Product Managers, Brand Managers, to translate and test game materials from English to Simplified Chinese. This can include game text, news briefs, blogposts, websites, etc. The ideal candidate will have experience translating and testing videogames, with laser-sharp language skills and a passion for the art of translation.
In this role you will :
- Manage the ongoing Simplified Chinese translations of several different live or upcoming videogame projects;
- Test the translations in the games themselves to ensure that the Simplified Chinese version is of the highest quality, free of issues;
- Build localization test plans for each project so that you can test your content accordingly;
- Translate a variety of internal and external documentation, websites, blog posts, etc from English to Simplified Chinese;
- Work closely with the Localization Director and the rest of the team to build on and improve on the internal processes of the localization team;
- Collaborate with external translation and testing vendors for other languages.
What we're looking for :
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a translator and/or tester;
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar bug tracking tools;
- Familiarity with Localize Direct, Gridly, MemoQ or other similar translation tools;
- Ability to manage your own workload and juggle multiple projects at the same time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Bachelor's degree (literature, creative writing, translation) or professional equivalence.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions