The Lighting 3D Artist has experience in the production of games on various platforms. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry.
In this role you will :
- Work with the artistic director and art leads to develop the visual style and validate the quality of the lighting
- Study the game documentation to understand the experience we want to players.
- Define workflows and create visual benchmarks.
- Be familiar with visual references to respect the project’s artistic direction make suggestions regarding atmosphere and lighting.
- Design lighting systems that will support the visual style and gameplay.
- Verify the quality of the lighting in game and make any necessary changes.
- Correct the lighting bugs entered by testers to eliminate anomalies.
- Maintain a consistent level of quality while respecting artistic and technical constraints.
- Provide feedback on developing lighting pipelines and tools.
- Track and report progress regularly.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What we're looking for :
- College degree in video game development or equivalent.
- Professional experience designing lighting for games.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design including composition and colour theory.
- Solid technical knowledge of how to create runtime lighting in game engines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to accept constructive feedback and adapt to change.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions