As a level Designer at Behaviour, you will create levels for an upcoming game to provide a consistently fun and challenging experience for players. You will coordinate with the other team disciplines by clearly communicating your intentions and following through the implementation of your work into the game to ensure its quality. Sounds like fun? Send us your portfolio along with your resume and come play with us!
To be considered for this internship, you must:
- Submit your portfolio along with your resume;
- Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of your application;
- Be available to work 37.5 hours a week.
Internships dates are flexible, depending on the business needs and the candidate’s availabilities.
In this role you will :
- Create grey block level layouts, and place enemies, obstacles, props, rewards, and other interactive triggers as first pass level designs;
- Playtest and refine level layouts, and embrace feedback to ensure the desired experience is met;
- See through the evolution of your levels as they pass through other disciplines, and ensure the level design intentions are respected towards final delivery;
- Follow established conventions for level sizes, boundaries, distances, paths, chokepoints, etc;
- Collaborate with system and mechanics designers to utilize player abilities and leverage enemy difficulty in your levels;
- Implement scripted story sequences or events in levels when conditions are met;
- Provide time estimatesand create design documentation as necessary.
What we're looking for :
- Experience as a level designer in school or industry;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and/or in English.
- An understanding of gameplay flow, pacing, encounter setups;
- Ability to write design documents describing the above;
- Familiar with Unity and/or Unreal and related tools;
- Experience with Unity Timeline, Cinemachine and Probuilder, is a plus;
- Experience with 3D modelling software (Maya, 3DS Max) is a plus;
- Experience with visual scripting and sequencing tools, is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions