As a Lead UI Designer on Dead by Daylight, you are responsible for the design and the graphic production of the menus and user interfaces of the game.
You will work closely with the Art Directors, Game Designers, Programmers, and the other UI Designers to ensure that the relevant game information is well conveyed through various user interfaces, to guide the player throughout the game, and improve their overall experience.
In this role you will :
- Work with the Art Director to establish the visual language of the UI that includes iconography, typography, visual hierarchy, brand expression, and motion graphics.
- Shape the UI design system to ensure that players can enjoy a consistent and immersive gaming experience while navigating the game's interface.
- Lead a team of UI Designers and Technical UI Designers and assist them in developing and maintaining best practices for UI. Be a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with the UX Design team to ensure that the final product meets their guidelines.
- Participate in the scoping and planning of future features.
- Assist in the creation of high-fidelity UI screens and components that align with Dead by Daylight’s experience goals, usability, accessibility standards, and brand.
- Champion the UI discipline.
What we're looking for :
- Experience managing and leading a team of creatives
- Excellent graphic/visual design skills, including screen layout, composition, typography, colortheory, illustration, and iconography
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite (PS, AI, XD), Figma and other visual design tools
- Motion graphic sskills, the ability to bring interfaces to life with usability in mind
- Familiarity with technical UI authoring frameworks
- Experience creating, contributing to and working with Design Systems
- Ability to work with multiple visual stylistic approaches.
- A portfolio showcasing work samples, inclusive of unique and original designs
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions