We are looking for a Lead for our Operations Team. The Operations Team is a multidisciplinary team consisting of DevOps supporting live services, DataOps supporting the data pipeline, and BuildOps working on build systems. The Operations Team is part of a larger central technology team that offers frontend, backend, and live operations services for a large variety of games developed at Behaviour. There is a wide range of initiatives within the Operations Team that make our services scalable, reliable, fully automated, and cost-efficient.
To help us achieve our vision, we are looking for someone to lead the Operations Team and be accountable for the delivery and maintenance of our services and initiatives.
In this role you will :
- Ensure that the team delivers the required features on time and with top quality. Schedule tasks and assign them, as well as organize how they get done and follow-up on their progress.
- Support technical leads and team members in planning, scoping, and prioritization.
- Communicate regularly with your team members (e.g., have regular 1-on-1 meetings where you will exchange feedback).
- Get involved in supporting your team members’ career progression.
- Communicate regularly with our producers and development team by keeping them aware of the status, progress, scope, and risks related to operations.
- Perform technical tasks. Support and challenge the technical director, the technical leads, as well as your team members in design and implementation decision making.
- Do a certain amount of coding and debugging outside of the critical path.
What we're looking for :
- Prior people management experience having led at least one operations team.
- Experience as a Senior DevOps, a big plus.
- Prior experience managing operational services in a 24/7 environment, a must.
- Experience with AWS, Jira, Kubernetes, and games engines is a nice to have.
- Great communication skills.
- A solution-oriented individual with a collaborative spirit.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions