Several work modes are offered ( hybrid or 100% in-office) this opportunity is available from our Montreal office only.
Behaviour is looking for a full-time law intern (Bar of Quebec) for an internship focused on personal data protection. If you are known for your analytic capacities, you love working in a dynamic and collaborative environment where tasks are varied and changing, we’d love to talk to you!
The chosen candidate will work under the Legal Director (Personal data protection and business affairs) and will receive guidance to achieve the necessary autonomy to practice law, while discovering the day to day of a litigation lawyer.
Are you game? 🎮
To be considered for this internship, you must:
· Send us your resume and a cover letter;
· Be able to work 37,5 hours/week for 6 months starting MAY 2023;
· Be eligible to work FULL TIME in Canada at the time of your application.
Why join Behaviour for your internship?
· Flexible work policy, Full@Office or Flex is offered to all employees;
· Delicious lunches made by our chef at the Montreal office’s BEstro 👨🍳;
· 250$ BEHappy expense reimbursement to buy whatever makes you... Happy ! ;
· A chance to grow your skills.
In this role you will :
- Assist the legal team in the analysis of personal data confidentiality cases and implement a personal data management program;
- Assist the legal team in legal document drafting related to personal data confidentiality and/or technological aspects (IT);
- Assist the legal team in risk management analysis related to personal data confidentiality;
- Assist the legal team in their guidance of operational and corporate teams on legal matters in various fields linked to their respective activities ( including personal data confidentiality, consumer law ) and perform all the appropriate legal research;
- Follow the evolution of the different laws related to personal data confidentiality in order to assist in the preparation of our in-house teams;
- Follow the evolution of various cases in order to provide a full report to the Head of legal affairs;
- Legal fields: Business, personal data confidentiality, contract law, general civil law.
What we're looking for :
- Bachelor of Law degree
- Having successfully completed the Bar Of Quebec exam and be eligible for the Bar’s internship;
- Excellent skills in French and English, both written and spoken (most of the contacts are in English);
- Good skills in legal text drafting
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Proficient in time management and prioritization;
- Thoroughness, professionalism and ability to respect confidentiality;
- Proficiency in the Office suite;
- Legal experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the gaming industry is an asset.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions