As a Graphics Programmer, you will be part of the development team and be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of various features of graphics rendering and optimization for the game.
In this role you will :
- Write a clear, maintainable and well-documented code;
- Debug and optimize your code at a low and high levels to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Assess and communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code;
- Participate actively to the code reviews;
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of rendering tools and graphics/engine components;
- Suggest the implementation of relevant 3D systems and integrate those solutions;
- Provide technical expertise to develop and optimize rendering technologies used at each step of the production process (architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, profiling, maintaining, and support);
- Profile frame to assess bottleneck and implement technical solution to constantly push visual quality level;
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
What we're looking for :
- You write a clear and maintainable code for at least 3 years;
- You have an experience in design and implementation of graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware;
- You possess an experience with contemporary graphics API (Direct 3D, OpenGL) and Shader programming (HLSL, Cg);
- You are really comfortable with programming – especially in C++ and C#;
- You have a strong understanding of memory management, multithreading and runtime optimization;
- You possess strong math skills - including trigonometry and linear algebra;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements;
- Bonus point - Have a previous experience with Unreal Engine 4;
- Bonus point - Have an experience with graphics tools and exporters;
- Bonus point - Have an experience developing on Windows;
- Bonus point - Possess a previous experience developing for new gen consoles (Xbox One, Switch and/or PS4).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions