As a Graphics Programmer, you will be part of the development team and be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of various features of graphics rendering and optimization for the game.
In this role you will :
- Write a clear, maintainable and well-documented code;
- Debug and optimize your code at a low and high levels to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Assess and communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code;
- Participate actively to the code reviews;
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of rendering tools and graphics/engine components;
- Suggest the implementation of relevant 3D systems and integrate those solutions;
- Provide technical expertise to develop and optimize rendering technologies used at each step of the production process (architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, profiling, maintaining, and support);
- Profile frame to assess bottleneck and implement technical solution to constantly push visual quality level;
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
What we're looking for :
- You write a clear and maintainable code for at least 3 years;
- You have an experience in design and implementation of graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware;
- You possess an experience with contemporary graphics API (Direct 3D, OpenGL) and Shader programming (HLSL, Cg);
- You are really comfortable with programming – especially in C++ and C#;
- You have a strong understanding of memory management, multithreading and runtime optimization;
- You possess strong math skills - including trigonometry and linear algebra;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
Would be considered as assets:
- Have a previous experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Have an experience with graphics tools and exporters.
- Have an experience developing on Windows.
- Possess a previous experience developing for new gen consoles (Xbox One, Switch and/or PS4).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions