As a Gameplay Programmer, you will actively participate to the development of our production. In this role, you will have to prototype, conceive and implement new game mechanics and to contribute to improving existing ones.
In this role you will :
- Write a clear, maintainable and well-documented code.
- Debug and optimize your code at a low and high levels to ensure optimal performance and quality.
- Assess and communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code.
- Participate actively to the code reviews.
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of various game features – mostly related to the 3C or the usability (general game mechanics).
- Test carefully the newly implemented features and suggest improvements.
- Develop technical solutions that answer to the game’s needs and to our standards in terms of quality and performance.
- Ensure that all the constraints have been taken into account while developing our games.
- Keep updated of the latest technological trends.
What we're looking for :
- You write a clear and maintainable code for at least 5 years.
- You possess a previous experience in gameplay programming with at least one game shipped.
- You are really comfortable with programming – especially in C++ and C#.
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution.
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines.
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
- Have a previous experience with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity.
- Possess a previous experience working on multiplayer games.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions