Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
As a member of our team, you will develop new mechanics and original concepts while maintaining awareness of the brand/IP and technology alongside the creative team to design, prototype, and execute the core principles and vision of the title. Your hands-on design efforts play a central role in establishing the game's fun factor, directly impacting its potential success. You will report to the principal Game Designer and will work with the production, the creative director, and other stakeholders.
Your goal: prototype and produce an outstanding and unforgettable player experience that keeps players excited and engaged. You are responsible for reviewing, refining, and polishing your work all while seeking constructive feedback from players and teammates alike. You are also responsible for ensuring that the development team clearly understands the vision of the game mechanics, systems, or features you have designed.
In this role you will :
- Provide design vision & documentation to achieve unparalleled gameplay, controls, interface, etc;
- Provide time estimates, upon request;
- Search for solutions to address client & community feedback and stay on track (budget/scope/timeline);
- Maintain high-quality gameplay that stays within the confines of the brand and IP;
- Ensure that difficulty and progression curves are consistent and appropriate for the type of game and audience;
- Build solid game systems and balance them during the whole life of the product;
- Create & update all game design documentation;
- Create and balance gameplay systems.
What we're looking for :
- 3+ years of experience in the video game industry;
- Keep abreast of current trends in gameplay and game systems with a strong interest in competitive team games;
- Passionate about games and best practices for games as a service;
- Able to communicate knowledge and ideas (flowcharts, feature specs, data reports, etc.) to team members;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (fluent in English);
- Involved in the pre-production, production and post-production phases of at least 2 published games.
- Experience in an established studio in the gaming industry is a big asset;
- Proficiency with Unreal and Blueprints for scripting and testing purposes to gain bonus cookie points;
- Experience developing on multiple platforms (console, PC, and mobile) a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions