Work alongside the creative team to design and elaborate on the core principles and vision of the title. You develop new mechanics and original concepts while maintaining awareness of the brand/IP and technology in the context of other competitive console games.
Your goal: produce an outstanding and unforgettable player experience that keeps players excited and engaged. You are also responsible for ensuring that the development team clearly understands the vision of the game.
You are expected to receive and address feedback from (among others) the Lead Game Designer, Creative Director, the Producer, and other parts of the studio direction.
In this role you will:
- Provide design vision & documentation to achieve unparalleled gameplay, controls, interface, etc;
- Provide time estimates, upon request;
- Search for solutions to address client & community feedback and stay on track (budget/scope/timeline);
- Maintain high-quality gameplay that stays within the confines of the brand/IP;
- Ensure that difficulty and progression curves are consistent and appropriate for the type of game and audience;
- Build solid game systems and balance them during the whole life of the product;
- Create & update all game design documentation;
- Create and balance gameplay systems;
- Create & update maps (w/Level Designers).
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in the video game industry;
- Experience in working on highly regarded titles;
- Keep abreast of current trends in gameplay;
- Strong interest in competitive games;
- Deep desire to contribute to the game’s quality;
- Mastery of English is a must;
- Good knowledge of the video game streaming/broadcasting culture;
- Able and willing to adapt to constant changes;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and in English;
- Involved in the pre-production, production and post-production phases of at least 2 published games.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions