Behaviour is looking for a talented front-end technical lead for our Core technologies group that develops and supports the tools game productions need in order to deliver an outstanding experience to millions of players worldwide. Our primary tool is our backend-as-a-service (BaaS); you would be working with production teams to better understand their needs and working with our backend developers to find the best way to implement UI features that will be used to manage the online operations of our games.
In this role you will :
- Provide technical guidance to a team of frontend developer through coaching, and mentorship
- Work with designers, customer support agents and live operation managers to deliver UI/UX that suits their needs;
- Communicate front-end requirements to back-end developers;
- Evangelize best software development practices (TDD, CI/CD);
- Review code written by team members;
- Optimize pages for speed and scalability;
- Define processes to ensure code quality, robustness and efficiency;
What we're looking for :
- Experience with reactive frameworks (ex.: Angular 2.x+, React, Vue, etc.);
- Experience developing front-end (bring a portfolio showing your creations if you have one);
- 5 years work experience as a front-end developer;
- Experience working with internal clients in a support role;
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Material-UI and/or PrimeNG;
- Knowledge of redux-saga or redux-thunks;
- Knowledge of UI/UX principles and best practices.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions