Behaviour Designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players in different genres from all over the world. The Economic Game Designer’s job is to understand how a game works and what drives players, to create helpful simulations to test out theories, and to implement and balance data. Additionally, Economic Game Designers assist the Live Operations team in “games as a service” by identifying and developing strategies to improve key performance metrics. As an Economic Game Designer, you will contribute to our game’s design by providing feedback and solutions to develop compelling, long-lasting features.
In this role you will :
- Assist in defining the game’s vision and economic strategy during the planning phases;
- Collaborate as a member of the Game Design team by providing feedback and input on depth of features, player motivations, and potential monetization vectors;
- Create and maintain flexible data structures for an ever-evolving F2P market;
- Establish rules and parameters for key economic systems in the game;
- Identify, track, and leverage investment and non-investment resources in a game economy;
- Design, implement, tune, and balance economic game systems and player progression;
- Coordinate with other disciplines, such as Engineers, Data Analysts, and Product Managers, to identify issues and champion solutions;
- Define and implement virtual products (content, segmentation, life cycle);
- Contribute to and create design support documentation as necessary;
- During live operations, continually tune and improve game balance to maximize performance and improve the feel of the game.
What we’re looking for :
- A passion for making and playing F2P games;
- 3+ years of game industry experience as a Designer with a strong understanding of game and systems design;
- An expert understanding of Excel and other economic tools;
- Ability to create, develop and maintain complex economic systems in Excel;
- Thorough understanding of game design fundamentals and game theory on how to craft an enjoyable experience and viable economy;
- A strong understanding of market trends and monetization strategies;
- Analytical thinking with the ability to identify issues ahead of time and come up with solutions;
- Creativity to adapt proven concepts and creating new ones;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, or Mathematics is a plus;
- Understanding of Excel VBA is also a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions