Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
Behaviour Designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players in different genres from all over the world. The Economic Game Designer’s job is to understand how a game works and what drives players, to create helpful simulations to test out theories, and to implement and balance data. Additionally, Economic Game Designers assist the Live Operations team in “games as a service” by identifying and developing strategies to improve key performance metrics. As an Economic Game Designer, you will contribute to our game’s design by providing feedback and solutions to develop compelling, long-lasting features.
In this role you will :
- Assist in defining the game’s vision and economic strategy during the planning phases;
- Collaborate as a member of the Game Design team by providing feedback and input on depth of features, player motivations, and potential monetization vectors;
- Create and maintain flexible data structures for an ever-evolving F2P market;
- Establish rules and parameters for key economic systems in the game;
- Identify, track, and leverage investment and non-investment resources in a game economy;
- Design, implement, tune, and balance economic game systems and player progression;
- Coordinate with other disciplines, such as Engineers, Data Analysts, and Product Managers, to identify issues and champion solutions;
- Leverage player data to analyze and adjust our in-game economy, ensuring optimal balance and an engaging player experience;
- Define and implement virtual products (content, segmentation, life cycle);
- Contribute to and create design support documentation as necessary;
- During live operations, continually tune and improve game balance to maximize performance and improve the feel of the game.
What we're looking for :
- A passion for making and playing F2P games;
- 3+ years of game industry experience as a Designer with a strong understanding of game and systems design;
- An expert understanding of Excel and other economic tools;
- Ability to create, develop and maintain complex economic systems in Excel;
- Thorough understanding of game design fundamentals and game theory on how to craft an enjoyable experience and viable economy;
- A strong understanding of market trends and monetization strategies;
- Analytical thinking with the ability to identify issues ahead of time and come up with solutions;
- Creativity to adapt proven concepts and creating new ones;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, or Mathematics is a plus;
- Understanding of Excel VBA is also a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions