The Head of Art is responsible for the overall production strategy of the Studios division. She/he is responsible for the development of the artists, ensuring they get the proper training and opportunities to grow in the organization. It also includes monitoring the pipelines, the services, the tools, and the techniques to ensure efficiency. She/he provides leadership for all the artistic disciplines to ensure the industry best practices are followed as well as the sharing of knowledge between projects inside the company.
In this role you will :
- Own the strategy to develop the talent of our artists (training, hiring…) based on our business expectations;
- Keep good connections with 3D and Art Schools to help recruit interns;
- Be the main contact with our recruitment group for the artists hiring process;
- Review the scope and approve content and assumptions for art in external proposals;
- Own the strategy to increase art production efficiency, cost reduction and its implementation. (Software, hardware, tools,etc);
- Validate home tools improvement and/or external solution acquisitions;
- Collaborate with our Legal group to clear art solutions;
- Lead the Technical Directors;
- Support project leaders with art development and resource needs;
- Recommend the assignment of art resources to our projects based on needs and talent, in a rapidly changing environment;
- Be responsible for art partnerships and external art resources, like outsourcing or motion capture.
What we're looking for :
- Minimum of 8 years in the game development;
- Experience in a manager and leader position;
- Deep knowledge of art pipelines, tools and software;
- Functional knowledge of all the art disciplines: 3D, Animation, VFX and UI;
- Great communicator and team player;
- Capable of elaborating strategies clearly communicating them;
- Great at selling the talent and expertise of the art team to external partners;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Good command of English and French.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions