Behaviour is looking for a talented DevOps - Data who will be improving our data pipelines infrastructure to support an increasing volume of data, and more frequent and in-depth queries. You will work closely with data analysts and data scientists to ensure the solutions allow them to perform their work as quickly and efficiently as possible. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the performance and reliability of the platform, as it is critical to the business needs of several games.
The DevOps - Data that we’re looking for must be a quick learner and love thinking outside of the box. They must know how to organise workloads efficiently while actively finding ways to reduce toil.
In this role you will :
- Review and improve the existing data pipelines infrastructure.
- Ensure that the pipelines meet the needs of their different users.
- Participate in the design of all new data-related solutions with other teams (data analysts, data scientists, software developers, cloud architects).
- Use best practices in testing, security, performance monitoring and effective use of resources.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices, new services and implement them when appropriate.
- Develop toolsets to manage and optimise the existing data-pipeline operations.
What we're looking for :
- At least 3 years designing and operating high volume data-related services.
- Up-to-date knowledge and practical experience with AWS services (Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, Athena, Glue, S3).
- Familiarity with Snowflake (The Data Cloud | Snowflake | Enable the Most Critical Workloads).
- Working knowledge of Spark, Airflow, Terraform and K8s.
- Excellent problem analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Professional experience with Python development or similar language.
- Good knowledge of standard data pipelines architectures and best practices.
- Experience with version control tools like Git and continuous integration solutions.
- SQL experience in querying large and complex data sets.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions