Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
At Behaviour Interactive, we believe in giving everyone a fair shot. We embrace a diverse and creative environment where everyone is celebrated. We value folks of all ages, sex, ethnicity, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, civil status, disability, or any other protected characteristics as per applicable law. Basically, we respect and appreciate each other no matter who we are!
If you have a disability and need some help accessing or using our website or application system, just reach out to us. We want your interview experience to be top-notch, so if there's anything we can do to make it more comfortable and positive, let us know at the time of the application.
Behaviour is looking for a talented DevOps to work within our Core Technologies group that develops and supports the tools game productions teams need to deliver an outstanding experience to millions of players worldwide.
Our primary managed service is our backend-as-a-service (BaaS) that is used as the central point to store player data and coordinate interactions between players. The DevOps works closely with internal service development teams and game production teams to meet the evolving needs of Behaviour’s growing portfolio.
In this role you will :
- Participate in the design and management of cloud infrastructure for game services;
- Ensure appropriate daily operations for the systems under operations responsibility;
- Solving problems at the source, find failure trends to identify long-term solutions;
- Establish processes to improve operational flows to better meet customer needs;
- Recognize and adopt best practices in testing, security, operational support and effective use of resources;
- Adapting and improving processes and systems management operations to meet rapidly growing and changing systems and traffic;
- Establish and support the process of compiling, testing and deployment of applications and services.
What we're looking for :
- 2+ years of experience using Linux;
- Excellent problem analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent judgment, organization and problem-solving;
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of these scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go);
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork;
- Experience with container technology (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Experience with version control tools like Git;
- Experience with Ansible, Saltstack or other=configuration management tools;
- Experience in managing cloud infrastructure on Amazon AWS , Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or other;
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform);
- Experience with Jenkins, Gitlab, ArgoCD or other CI/CD tools;
- Experience with analytics, data warehousing (Snowflake, BigQuery, etc) and services such as Apache Airflow is an asset.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK - North and Behaviour UK - South).
See all open positions