As a Backend Programmer – Java, you will actively participate in the development of our ongoing projects.
In this role you will :
- Develop new server functionalities and maintain existing code base;
- Write specifications prior to new feature development;
- Diagnose and resolve problems to improve robustness;
- Collaborate closely with other programmers to provide services for the API;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize code, with consideration to the live & online aspect of the API;
- Perform code review for team members.
What we're looking for :
- Proficient in Java Server development;
- Familiar with the Spring Framework;
- Familiar with Database technologies such as Redis/MySQL/DynamoDB;
- Knows the build tool Maven;
- Has experience with Heavy System Design and Implementation;
- Has a good understanding of Data Management. i.e.: know where and how to store data;
- Knowledgeable in how to optimise and drive server [MT1] costs down;
- Previous experience working with Amazon Web Service technologies: EC2, RDS, Dynamo, S3, Elasticache;
- Have strong data modeling experience with focus on performance and maintenance;
- Experience with unit testing, load testing and distributed load generators.
- Would be great assets to have:
- Familiarity with Protocol buffers (ProtoBuf);
- RESTful API development experience;
- Development experience in a Unix environment;
- Experienced in TCP and UDP [MT1] networking and creating highly reliable, scalable distributed server systems;
- Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (network, CPU, memory, IO);
- Experience with client / server development including security and network traffic management;
- Experience using ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ or other messaging systems;
- Familiarity with functional programming;
- Bonus Point - Interest for backend development using Node.JS.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions