As part of our Data Science team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-discipline teams to help us constantly improve our games and our players’ experience. You will actively contribute to the game development (design, direction, live operation) by creating data-fueled tools and by generating insights from a variety of scientific approaches: machine learning, statistical modeling and simulations.
In this role you will :
- Discuss with internal partners to identify challenges and design solutions.
- Develop math-based computer simulations in Python;
- Develop statistical models for predicting players’ behavior;
- Develop AI tools like NLP models, clustering models or recommenders;
- Design experiments (A/B tests) to estimate the effect of data informed initiatives on key metrics and provide recommendations;
- Build dashboards and complex visualisations;
- Develop the right tools and methodologies to make your analyses repeatable and accessible, including extensive documentation;
- Defineand analyze key performance indicators such as retention, lifetime value or player acquisition;
- Translate complex findings and results into an easy-to-understand and compelling narrative;
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders to influence the direction of the business.
What we're looking for :
- 3+ years in a quantitative analysis role focusing on data mining and manipulating, predictive analytics, business intelligence, statistics, machine learning;
- Strong experience on coding in Python, SQL and R;
- Ability to code predictive simulations. Good background in mathematics is a plus;
- Curiosity and problem-solving mindset;
- Genuine interest and ability to identify and solve complex business problems;
- Genuine interest for video games, as well as for the video game industry and its relevant challenges;
- Ability to autonomously manage a project from the beginning to the landing;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to build clear and easy-to-understand presentations (previous experience using PowerBi would be a plus).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions