Behaviour is looking for a talented Data Pipeline Developer who will be improving our data pipelines infrastructure to support an increasing volume of data and more frequent and in-depth queries. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the performance and reliability of the platform, will provide support to the analysts/scientists as well as ensure the quality of the data.
The Data Pipeline Developer we’re looking for must be a quick learner and love thinking outside the box. They must know how to organize workloads efficiently to balance live operations and development.
In this role you will :
- Using SQL and Data Build Tools on Snowflake, you will develop and maintain the current data models to support the analysts, scientists and various automated processes and dashboards.
- Using Python, you will develop and maintain the current toolsets that support the main game data pipeline and gather secondary data.
- Participate in the design of all new data-related solutions with other teams (data analysts, data scientists, software developers, cloud architects).
- Use best practices in testing, security, cost monitoring, performance monitoring and effective use of resources.
- Keep up to date with best practices, new services and implement them when appropriate.
What we're looking for :
- Training in data development, business intelligence, software development or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience with SQL in querying large and complex data sets.
- Professional experience with Python development or similar language.
- Experience with system management (Linux).
- Excellent problem analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of standard data pipelines architectures and best practices (data modeling, data quality)
- Bonus point: experience with Snowflake and DBT.
- Bonus point: experience with cloud services (AWS or others).
- Bonus point: experience with containerization tools (Kubernetes).
- Bonus point: experience with big data analytics tools (Spark, Databrick, Presto, Dask).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions