Behaviour Studios is seeking a dynamic creative director with experience leading a team of creative individuals. The selected candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead and develop a game’s design and creative vision, and collaborate with multifunctional teams of designers, artists, programmers, product strategists and marketing to build compelling AAA console & PC games.
We look for contagious passion, undeniable experience, and a personable character.
Working closely with the Product Manager, the Creative Director is responsible for the quality of their product and their creative health once live. The CD is a coach and advisor to the team. He ensures his team’s knowledge and skills development and keeps them current on the latest trends in the games industry and best practices. The creative director must have the ability to oversee the design and art direction of the product and oversee the provision of clear, detailed documentation to service all disciplines within the dev team. They may also be the “face” of the game and be called upon to travel to shows or supply media with material about the game’s development.
In this role you will :
- Assume responsibility for the quality while mindful of timelines of all creative tasks in the projects under their responsibility including concept development, pitching, prototyping, and production including live on multiformat games (PC/Console/Mobile);
- Demonstrate “hands-on” leadership by constantly reviewing game builds and providing constructive feedback;
- Mentor and train the creative staff as well as maintain and keep current on industry knowledge of competitive games, successful genres, market trends and innovative game mechanics;
- Maintain awareness of consumer habits and always have the market in mind;
- Provide support to Game Designers in the application of the business model on their game’s design by helping design creative and effective acquisition and retention mechanics;
- Develop new intellectual properties that take into account the most recent market trends and identify franchise and brand extension opportunities;
- Communicate complex creative ideas to a wide and varied audience, from Executives to technical staff;
- Hire new staff in line with company requirements;
- Prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Recognize the strengths and weakness of staff as well as coach and develop the team.
What we're looking for :
- A gamer with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience directing a product in a leadership role with proven success in previous creative endeavors in the live PC/console space; knowledge of mobile extremely useful also.
- Solid experience overseeing projects through pre-pro, production and live operations.
- Relevant experience managing a game development process using the industry milestones
- Proven track record with at least one successfully published game
- Solid ability to effectively pitch game concepts in drawings, writing, verbally and live presentations
- Video game history demonstrating solid creativity and innovation skills.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions