Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
Behaviour Studios is seeking a dynamic creative director with experience leading a team of creative individuals. The selected candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead and develop a game’s design and creative vision, collaborating with multi-functional teams of designers, artists, programmers, product strategists and marketing to build compelling games.
We look for contagious passion, undeniable experience, and a personable character.
Working closely with the Product Manager, the Creative Director is responsible for their product's quality and creative health once live. The CD is a coach and advisor to the team. He ensures his team’s knowledge and skills development and keeps them current on the latest trends in the games industry and best practices. The creative director must have the ability to oversee the design and art direction of the product and oversee the provision of clear, detailed documentation to service all disciplines within the dev team. They may also be the “face” of the game and be called upon to travel to shows or supply media with material about the game’s development.
In this role you will :
- Assume responsibility for the quality while mindful of timelines of all creative tasks in the projects under their responsibility including concept development, pitching, prototyping, and production including live on multiformat games (PC / Console / Mobile);
- Demonstrate “hands-on” leadership by constantly reviewing game builds and providing constructive feedback;
- Mentor and train the creative staff as well as maintain and keep current on industry knowledge of competitive games, successful genres, market trends and innovative game mechanics;
- Maintain awareness of consumer habits and always have the market in mind;
- Provide support to Game Designers in the application of the business model on their game’s design by helping design creative and effective acquisition and retention mechanics;
- Develop new intellectual properties that take into account the most recent market trends and identify franchise and brand extension opportunities;
- Communicate complex creative ideas to a wide and varied audience, from Executives to technical staff;
- Hire new staff in line with company requirements;
- Prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Recognize the strengths and weakness of staff as well as coach and develop the team.
What we're looking for :
- A gamer with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience directing a product in a leadership role with proven success in previous creative endeavors in the live PC/console space; knowledge of mobile extremely useful also.
- Solid experience overseeing projects through pre-pro, production and live operations.
- Relevant experience managing a game development process using the industry milestones
- Proven track record with at least one successfully published game
- Solid ability to effectively pitch game concepts in drawings, writing, verbally and live presentations
- Video game history demonstrating solid creativity and innovation skills.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions