Behaviour Interactive is seeking an experienced Content Game Designer to carry the vision of the next wave of current and next generation console and PC titles. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful game studio with big ambitions, working on some of the most exciting intellectual properties in PC/console gaming. This position is within our Montreal-based studio.
As Game Designer at Behaviour, you’ll report to the Creative Director and work with an enthusiastic and talented group of people with the common goal of delivering great products. Through your passion and knowledge, you will design and implement player-first experiences that will delight players around the world.
In this role you will :
- Provide clear and detailed vision and design documentation based on the requirements at hand.
- Work on implementation and fine tuning of features from start to finish to meet and exceed quality expectations.
- Iterate and improve upon designs based on internal and external feedback.
- Cooperate with all team disciplines to ensure the vision is understood, respected, and carried out.
- Strive to respect the project scope by finding creative solutions to get the most out of production while achieving the expected player experience.
- Organize your design work in a practical, efficient, and expandable manner.
- Implement and troubleshoot your own work in new or proprietary development tools.
- Become the voice of the design vision and get the team excited to work on features you created.
- Seek to improve processes and workflows with peers.
- Provide feedback to other designers and help mentor junior members.
What we're looking for :
- Strong creative skills with experience producing detailed design documents and maintaining it throughout production.
- Experience with implementation of game features, content, and data.
- Able to work alone, with other designers or in multidisciplinary groups.
- Passion and deep understanding for gaming across multiple genres and current gaming trends.
- Comfortable with Visio, JIRA, Confluence and PowerPoint.
- Having shipped a AAA title is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English. French is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions