Behaviour is seeking programmers to port a PC game to new console platforms and support first party digital media entertainment service. The mandate is to build a version of the game that is ready for submission to the supported platform.
In this role you will :
- Develop and maintain engine-related systems in C++;
- Optimize systems for memory usage, loading times and runtime performance ;
- Meet the technical requirements of the target platforms;
- Adapt UI to be compliant with the target platforms;
- Implement first party digital media entertainment services (e.g.: PSN, Xbox Live, etc);
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams including programmers, designers, animators, and artists;
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
What we're looking for :
- Strong experience with Xbox Series S/X & PlayStation 5 console development;
- Expertise in game optimization;
- Experience with cross-platform multiplayer game development;
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization;
- Well versed in software engineering principles, especially API design;
- Strong understanding of how a game engine works and of editor concepts;
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC, console, and mobile;
- Experienced with developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability, and power;
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine or any other proprietary game engine;
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions