As a Concept Artist at Behaviour, you will work in a cooperative and interdisciplinary team to conceptualize the characters of a game. If you want to take part in our project, make sure you submit your portfolio and come play with us!
In this role you will :
- Create sketches, studies and designs of characters, accessories and special decor elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements and screen overlays (paintovers);
- Communicate with production artists to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas and knowledge, and undertaking research
- Identifying the graphic requirements of the game, by having on hand all necessary reference materials, including the art direction and the technological requirements;
- Design and present the visual style of the game while respecting the artistic vision;
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, and then add the details required to reach final and specific concepts.
What we're looking for :
- Experience with Maya;
- Skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light and atmosphere.
- Be able to express the vision in terms of linear art and color image reflecting the atmosphere, the composition and interpretation;
- Interes in traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscape, and illustration;
- Passion for video games.
To be considered for this internship, you must:
- Submit your portfolio along with your resume;
- Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of your application;
- Be available to work 37.5 hours a week.
Internships dates are flexible, depending on the business needs and the candidate’s availabilities.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions