Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development while giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is dedicated to developing unique experiences on PC and consoles that are compelling to watch, not just play. Our mission is to “Create remarkable games WE would play, our way.” We make our own products on our own terms, through creative control, good choices in production, business, and player engagement. This is a business as well as a passion.
In this role you will :
- Provide the executive team with strategic legal advice across a wide range of matters, including corporate governance, commercial contracts, data privacy and security, intellectual property, employment, litigation, and risk management;
- Advise on, and manage a variety of M&A and other corporate transactions;
- Prepare the company to be able to operate as a publicly traded company from a legal, compliance and regulatory standpoint;
- Prepare and attend Board of Directors meetings;
- Assist in the management and execution of the company LTIP;
- Draft and negotiate shareholders agreements and complex commercial agreements;
- Lead the corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's legal interests;
- Manage and provide leadership to the legal team.
What we're looking for :
- 15+ years of relevant law firm or in-house legal department work experience, including 5+ years experience in M&A transactions;
- Member of the Quebec or Ontario Bar;
- Proven experience building and leading teams in a dynamic environment;
- Superior analytical abilities and capable of resolving complex issues in a practical and commercial manner;
- Excellent management, communication, analytical and influencing skills;
- Professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, and discretion;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions