Behaviour is looking for programmers to develop game or system features. The programmer will work in a dynamic environment, with other programmers as well as game and level designers on prototyping, design, implementation and improvement of many aspects of the game.
In this role you will :
- Develop systems to support all aspects of the game, including progression of the player, game flow, analytics, online and multiplayer systems, anti cheating mechanics, pairing of players, motor systems (3D, physics, resource management), memory performance and optimization and/or various tools;
- Work with the creative director and game designers to develop character characteristics, such as player mechanics, player controls, camera, powers, interactions with objects and other characters, weapons, etc.;
- Develop other game features, such as achievements, balance of game features,
- Work within an interdisciplinary team with programmers, designers, artists and facilitators to obtain the appropriate solution to achieves the desired quality and performance;
- Carefully test the implemented features;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Perform technology watch.
What we're looking for :
- Strong skills in C # and / or C ++;
- Experience with Unity, or an equivalent game engine;
- Good algorithmic knowledge;
- Ability to solve complex technical problems with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative work environment;
- Experience in programming multiplayer online games is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions