Behaviour is looking for a Backend programmer (Node.js
) to work within our Corporate Technologies group. The team develops and supports the tools game productions need to deliver an outstanding experience to millions of players worldwide. Our primary tool is our backend-as-a-service (BaaS) that is used as the central point to store player data and multiplayer functionality (matchmaking, achievements, leaderboards, party management, etc.) Sounds like something you’d like to do? Send us your resume and tell us why you’d like to be a game changer.
To be considered for this internship, you must:
Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of your application;
Be available to work 37.5 hours per week.
The internship dates are flexible, depending on the business needs and the candidate’s availabilities.
In this role you will :
- Develop new server features and maintain the existing code base;
- Write the specifications before undertaking the development of new features;
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve code robustness;
- Work closely with other programmers to provide gaming server-compliant services;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize the code, considering the live and online status of the game.
What we're looking for :
- Experience with the REST;
- Prior work experience in development and deployment of Web services technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure;
- Experience and knowledge of relational or non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions