Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
Behaviour is looking for a talented Backend programmer (Node.js) to work within our Corporate Technologies group that develops and supports the tools game productions teams need in order to deliver an outstanding experience to millions of players worldwide. Our primary tool is our backend-as-a-service (BaaS) that is used as the central point to store player data and established interactions between players.
In this role you will :
- Develop new server features and maintain existing code base;
- Write the specifications before undertaking the development of new features;
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve code robustness;
- Work closely with other programmers to provide gaming server-compliant services;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize the code, considering that the live and online status of the game.
What we're looking for :
- Experience and knowledge of the REST and WebSocket communication protocol;
- Work experience (development and deployment) with web services technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure;
- In-depth experience and knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
- Extensive experience and knowledge of data modelling with a focus on performance and maintenance;
- Experience in load testing with distributed load generators;
- Bonus point: Development experience in a Linux environment;
- Bonus point: Web application development experience with React and/or Angular;
- Bonus point: Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (networks, CPU, memory, IO);
- Bonus point: Server/client development experience, including security and network traffic management.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions