Have you successfully shipped small scale games? BHVR is building a small, nimble team working to bring our existing prototypes to the next level. As part of this team you will work with a multi disciplinary group of people shipping games at a regular cadence.
As an Artistic Director, you will be responsible for defining the artistic vision of the project and will provide overall artistic direction, leadership and supervision of the artistic production team. Working closely with the creative director, designers, programmers and external suppliers, you will ensure the highest quality artistic vision. Due to the rapid, iterative nature of small scale development, you will also be expected to contribute on production and support the art team with the creation of in-game assets.
In this role you will :
- Define visual and artistic standards and ensure that the material produced is consistent and technically performant;
- Define, maintain and develop the artistic vision with the Creative Director;
- Guide team members, freelancers and external studio teams as needed;
- Stay informed of best practices and communicate them to the team and discover the most effective competitive ideas;
- Lead the process of defining objectives, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms;
- Conduct formal and informal critical reviews and provide appropriate feedback;
- Participate in the creation of visual elements;
- Provide artistic support to Game Designers in the realization of their ideas;
- Maintain demographic and psychographic consumer awareness and take into account the latest market trends.
What we're looking for :
- At least five (5) years experience as Artistic Director or Lead Artist;
- Have delivered at least two titles of high quality and varied styles;
- Strong technical understanding of art constraints;
- Experience in creating original intellectual properties in a video game context;
- Mastery of Photoshop and knowledge of Maya/Blender;
- Experience working with a game engine (Unity and/or Unreal Engine 4);
- Excellent innovation skills and excellent understanding of the creative process;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to visualize and communicate ideas;
- Ability to adapt work for marketing needs and supervise production;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Influential, autonomous, resourceful and organized;
- Must be a video game enthusiast.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions