Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
The Technical Animation Director leads and manages the production processes for animations. In this role, you will be in constant collaboration with the art director, the animation lead, other directors on the project, and with the animators. Your advice and expertise will guide decisions that will enable the team to achieve the required visual quality for the game.
You have a strong understanding of the production process and integration of animation and can make technical decisions about everything related to animation on your project. Your firm grasp of animation basic principles combined with strong technical knowledge yielded amazing results on multiple projects. Your motivation pushes you to always look for the best solutions and you have the leadership it takes to convince animators to adopt an optimal production methodology.
In this role you will :
- Understand the artistic vision and determine how to develop it withing the current production process;
- Establish the technical constraints to produce animations on the project;
- Simplify production through task automation and improvement of processes;
- Suggest new tools, solutions, and best practices and oversee their development on the project;
- Promote reuse of resources, knowledge, and tools;
- Constantly stretch the boundaries of technology;
- Establish strong communication between creative and technical teams;
- Help evaluate and maintain production cost of animations to stay within budget;
- Assess external software used by animators.
What we're looking for :
- Ten years’ experience in video game development, including 5 years in rigging and development of animation tools;
- In-depth knowledge of 3D animation;
- Willingness to explore new software and animation advances;
- Understanding of Python and Mel languages, an asset;
- Mastering of the Maya animation module;
- Mandatory production experience with Unreal;
- Understanding of AnimGraph systems;
- Experience with motion capture, an asset;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Proficiency in French and English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions