Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
As an Animation Programmer, you will actively participate in the development of an Unannounced AAA game! In this role, you will have to improve animation systems and implement tools to support the animation team.
In this role you will :
- Develop and maintain various game features related to animation such as IK, physics, procedural animation, animation compression;
- Act as the owner of animation system code and communicate around change's possible impacts;
- Write a clear, maintainable and well-documented code as well as intuitive tools for animators to use;
- Debug and optimize code to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Contribute to defining the animation budget.
- Test carefully the newly implemented features and suggest improvements;
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams including animators, technical artists and gameplay programmers;
- Keep updated on the latest animation technology and share it with the team;
- Follow team best practices such as code reviews.
What we're looking for :
- Previous experience in building real-time animation systems;
- You are really comfortable with programming – especially in C++;
- Strong 3D math background;
- Experience in solving animation and character related problems;
- You have previous experiences with Unreal Engine and/or other proprietary engines;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions