Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
As an AI Programmer, you will actively participate to the development of our production. In this role, you will have to prototype, conceive and implement new AI features.
In this role you will :
- Write clear, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Debug and optimize your code to ensure optimal performance and quality.
- Assess and communicate the possible impacts of a change in the code.
- Participate actively to the code reviews.
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of various AI features – mostly related to the NPC behaviors, navigation or perception.
- Carefully test the newly implemented features and suggest improvements.
- Develop technical solutions that answer the game’s needs and meet our standards in terms of quality and performance.
- Ensure that all the constraints have been considered while developing our games.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technological trends.
What we're looking for :
- You have been writing clear and maintainable code for at least 5 years.
- You possess a previous experience in gameplay programming with at least one game shipped.
- You are really comfortable with programming in C++.
- You have experience in programming navigation, locomotion and decision-making AI.
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution.
- You can prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines.
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are thriving on change and can adapt to changing needs and requirements.
- Possess previous experience working on multiplayer games (asset).
- Have a previous experience with Unreal Engine 4/5 (asset).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions