Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
We are looking for experienced AI PROGRAMMERS to work on a number of projects, including licensed IP, and original games. Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Lead Programmer, responsibilities include programming game systems, solving technical problems and debugging. The ideal candidates are passionate about programming and games, work well as part of a team, and looking to join an exciting and growing studio.
In this role you will :
- Develop various AI features mostly related to the NPC behaviors, navigation, and perception;
- Act as system owner on AI code and communicate around change's possible impacts;
- Write clear, maintainable, and well-documented code;
- Debug and optimize code to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Test carefully the newly implemented features and suggest improvements;
- Develop technical solutions that answer the game’s needs;
- Ensure that all the constraints have been considered while developing our games;
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams including programmers, designers, animators and artists;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technological trends;
- Follow team best practices such as code reviews.
What we're looking for :
- You possess a previous experience in AI programming.
- You have experience in programming navigation, locomotion and decision-making AI.
- You are really comfortable with programming in C++.
- You have previous experiences with Unreal Engine and/or Unity3D.
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution.
- You can prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines.
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are thriving on change and can adapt to changing needs and requirements.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions