As a lead rendering programmer, you will help us create world class rendering techniques and work with art teams to help them achieve their artistic vision. In this role, you would join and guide a team of rendering programmers whose members share a common interest for 3D programming, gaming and improving the game experience of our players.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features and fixing bugs in a live environment and on multiple SKUs;
- Collaborate with the producer on building and managing the schedule, and drive it to timely completion. This includes estimating (or helping others estimate) time for tasks, assigning them, and committing to meeting all objectives;
- Work closely with the Technical Director to plan rendering features, tempered by project risks, as well as long term risks;
- Oversee, mentor and guide the rendering team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices;
- Achieve high-quality results through team performance;
- Conduct regular one-on-ones and performance reviews;
- Keep up to date with industry trends in rendering to ensure their rendering tech is competitive;
- Work with artists to interpret their creative direction;
- Implement, or co-implement rendering features to a high quality;
- Provide help and support with programming when needed.
What we're looking for:
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code;
- You have a previous experience leading and managing a team of programmers;
- You have shipped at least one game with a full-life cycle delivery as a Lead Programmer;
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing code;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You have previous experience in rendering, with excellent 3D mathematics skills, knowledge of cutting edge rendering techniques, understanding of current graphics hardware, APIs and shaders' programming languages;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions