Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to participate in the development of its games. The versatile 3D Environment Artist will be required to produce various game elements such as environments and props. The candidate will also be skillful in organic and hard surface modeling and has experience in the production of games on various platforms. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry.
In this role, you will:
- Create the various elements required by the production of the game including textures and materials;
- Ensures optimal game performance by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and optimizing of artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicates with other departments to understand their needs and requirements.
What we're looking for:
- Mastery of the modeling component of the Autodesk Maya software. Relevant experience with other similar software will be considered;
- Extensive knowledge of Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop;
- Experience in asset scrulpting using Zbrush;
- Experience and comfortable working with Unreal Engine 4;
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in the creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for video games;
- Understanding PBR techniques (physically based rendering) an asset;
- Traditional drawing an asset.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions