Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D Character Artist to participate in the development of its games. The 3D Character Artist will be required to produce characters but also other game elements such as environments and props. The candidate has experience in the production of games on various platforms. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry.
In this role, you will :
- Create the various elements required to produce the game including textures and materials;
- Ensure optimal game performance by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and optimizing the artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicate with other departments to understand their needs and requirements.
What we're looking for :
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the video game industry;
- Mastery of the modeling component of the Autodesk Maya software.;
- Relevant experience with other similar software is considered an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop;
- Understanding of PBR techniques (physically based rendering) is an asset;
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting;
- Traditional drawing is an asset;
- Degree or training in 2D animation / or recognized 3D Art education;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for video games;
- A portfolio is mandatory with your application.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions